Sunday, February 15, 2015

More pictures!

For some reason I have been compelled to take pictures of things (and not just for instagram) for this blog. No reason, just you know.... content.

Yesterday we kicked off Valentine's day with a run at Brown County State Park. We got there right around 8 am. It was chilly and windy which I think was why the park was DESERTED. We had it almost all to ourselves.

Brown County State Park

I ran for about 1hr 10 minutes (6.5 miles? 6 miles?) and Scott put in his 16 mile long run. This run showed me that I am completely out of trail shape, but it was enjoyable none the less.

Brown County State Park

The solitude of an enormous park like this really highlights how absurd urban life is most of the time. I've been reading Walden lately - so I couldn't help but feel kindred with Thoreau and his quest to return to nature.

After the run we headed into Bloomington, per usual, to pick up all the best vegan baked goods this college town has to offer. Once back in Indy we spent the rest of the day in bed watching TV. Wild right!? We both agree that we want nothing more from our weekends - a hard effort of running in the morning, refueling with something delicious, and then returning to sweatpants and cats.

We did go out for Valentine's Day, our friend that owns an all vegan restaurant was putting on a 4-course dinner and gifted us tickets. Needless to say it was amazing. Roasted butternut squash canapés amuse bouche, arugula salad with cherry chutney and smoked coconut, seitan steak!, and an absolutely decadent brownie for desert. It. was. amazing.

And since that wasn't enough, we returned home (back to pajamas and bed) and ate artesian vegan chocolates from Lagusta's Luscious.

Valentine's chocolates from Lagusta's Luscious

So I'm feeling sufficiently spoiled right now and can't say I'd want my life to be any other way. Maybe more cats.

No comments

Post a Comment