Saturday, April 11, 2015

Re-cycle, up-cycle, spring-cycle

I am currently laying in bed with and all three of the kitties, enjoying coffee and slow Saturday mornings. The cats are thrilled with the change of season and have been spending as much time as they can watching the rain from the windowsills or following the birds. I also have been reveling in this weather and returned to running on the Monon after work (with about everyone else in Indianapolis), or heading down to Brown County with Scott to enjoy muddy trails. My relationship with running is going really well now. Since I've kind of stopped letting it define me and my worth, I've been experiencing a lot less anxiety about it. I also have a lot less to say about it (or blog about it) now since I am just running for enjoyment. Apologies if you came for the running talk!

Yesterday we got a dirt (ahem, "soil") delivery for the garden. It's coming along nicely! Again, all this work was done by Scott. Next to plant the seeds!

Garden progress

In other sustainable living practices, my sewing class wrapped up and I am completely hooked now. I made three items in the class; a pillow case, an apron and a tote bag. The woman teaching the class was fantastic, she really had so much knowledge about sewing and was incredibly patient with a total novice like me. Scott's mother generously lent me her sewing machine and I've been messing around with it in my down time by making small stuffed animals for a few friends that have new babies. So far the babies approve.

Untitled     Untitled

I'm really itching to start making clothing, but I haven't settled on where to start at all. I'm considering buying my own machine with more garment appropriate features. Speaking of garments... today is another excuse for Sartorial Saturday! Though to be honest I think I wore this Tuesday. If you knew how many pictures I had to make Scott take to get this one good one....

April 6, 2015

With the exception of the shoes I can say this entire outfit was second hand! I didn't even realize that when I put it together. The top is a thrifted Gap shirt, the skirt thrifted Target, the sweater is a thrifted Loft cardigan. And to continue with this theme, today I am hosting a "Clothing Exchange" with some friends. More upcycling! 

No comments

Post a Comment